- 1 • Can I use Duromine as a replacement by a healthy diet and regular exercise?
- 2 • How do I learn whether I can use Duromine for the obesity treatment or not?
- 3 • How to get a prescription for Duromine?
- 4 • Under what conditions can a doctor refuse to write out a prescription for Duromine?
- 5 • How long should I use Duromine?
- 6 • What Duromine doses are used for the obesity treatment?
- 7 • What side effects may occur after Duromine use?
- 8 • Does the weight increase after I stop taking Duromine?
- 9 • Can a doctor prescribe Duromine to children or adolescents?
- 10 • Where Duromine pills are manufactured?
- 11 • What drugs can be used as an alternative to Duromine?
• Can I use Duromine as a replacement by a healthy diet and regular exercise?
No, you cannot. Duromine should be used in the combination with drug-free methods to fight obesity, such as physical activity and a balanced diet.
• How do I learn whether I can use Duromine for the obesity treatment or not?
Duromine can be prescribed only by the doctors who have experience in treating patients with obesity or overweight. Duromine can be prescribed only to patients for whom benefits of using Duromine exceed the potential health risks.
• How to get a prescription for Duromine?
Before writing out a prescription for Duromine, the doctor should learn the current state of the patient and the history of all his diseases. For an objective assessment of mental and physical condition of the patient, a full medical examination may be required.
• Under what conditions can a doctor refuse to write out a prescription for Duromine?
The reason why a doctor may refuse to prescribe Duromine can be one or several risk factors, such as: uncontrolled hypertension, eating disorders (bulimia, anorexia), history of drug or alcohol abuse, pregnancy, planning a surgery requiring general anesthesia, the use of certain groups of drugs (antidepressants, antimigraine agents, MAO inhibitors), glaucoma, history of depression.
• How long should I use Duromine?
Duration of Duromine use depends on the rate of weight loss, presence / absence of side effects, the dynamics of change in the overall health. Regardless of obesity severity, the duration of Duromine use may vary from two weeks up to three months.
• What Duromine doses are used for the obesity treatment?
A Duromine 15mg capsule is the most prescribed daily dose for overweight patients with BMI of 25 to 29.9. The most prescribed dose of Duromine for obese patients with BMI of 30 and higher is 30mg. The maximum dose of Duromine 40mg is prescribed in rare cases.
• What side effects may occur after Duromine use?
Regardless of Duromine dose, a patient may experience dry mouth, dizziness, headache, gastric disorders, hypertension and other side effects. When the maximum dose of Duromine 40mg is used regularly, the risk of drug dependence increases.
• Does the weight increase after I stop taking Duromine?
After the end of medical therapy of obesity, body fat percentage can again start to increase. To prevent obesity, you should continue to adhere to a hypocaloric diet and to be physically active after the end of Duromine use.
• Can a doctor prescribe Duromine to children or adolescents?
In Australia, Duromine was approved as an obesity treatment in adolescents from 12 years and older. Children under 12 years did not participate in clinical trials of Duromine. It should be noted that in the USA, Phentermine-containing drugs (including Adipex) are not prescribed for the obesity treatment in adolescents under 16 years old.
• Where Duromine pills are manufactured?
Duromine 15mg, 30mg and 40mg pills are manufactured in Australia and imported to several countries, such as New Zealand, China (Hong Kong), Singapore, South African Republic. In Australia, Duromine pills were approved as an obesity treatment in 1991.
• What drugs can be used as an alternative to Duromine?
Dozens of drugs containing anorexigenic agent, Phentermine are available at the U.S. market of weight loss products. Most of these drugs are sold under the proprietary name Phentermine Hydrochloride.
In addition, Phentermine-containing diet pills are available at the U.S. pharmacies under the proprietary trademarks Suprenza and Adipex. Just as in Australia, in the USA Phentermine-containing diet pills are sold by prescription only.