Kwang Dong is one of the largest South Korean suppliers of anti-obesity drugs. Kwang Dong pays a special attention to marketing and advertising of its products. Therefore, it promotes its drugs under the original brands.
Kwang Dong registers each of the weight loss drug under the two brand names – in Korean and English. In 2015, Kwang Dong owns four English brand names for anti-obesity drugs in South Korea:
Some of these brand names are well known to American buyers of anorexigenic drugs.
The same brands in the USA and South Korea have different owners. Thus, the similarity of brand names does not mean that the same anti-obesity drugs are sold in the USA and South Korea.
- For example, Adipex brand is known in the USA since 1982.
- In South Korea, Adipex brand is known since 2003.
Just as in the USA, in South Korea, the name “Adipex” is registered as a trademark of tablets and capsules containing anorexigenic agent Phentermine. The US supplier of Adipex (Phentermine) drug is a company Teva.
- Mazanor brand is known in the USA since 1980.
- Mazanor brand is known in South Korea since 2006.
In South Korea and USA, Mazanor name is registered as a brand of tablets containing amphetamine-like anorexigenic substance Mazindol.
In the USA, Mazanor (Mazindol) tablets have already not sold. Small packages with 30 Mazanor tablets and large packages with 100 Mazanor tablets are sold at South Korean pharmacies.
Atrazine and Epion brand names are not known to American buyers of weight loss products. However, Atrazine and Epion drugs include the FDA-approved active ingredients. Therefore, diet pills identical to Atrazine and Epion pills can be found at the US pharmacies.
- Epion pills contain the FDA-approved anorectic Diethylpropion. Diet pills containing Diethylpropion are sold under the brand name Tenuate in the USA.
- Atrazine pills contain the FDA-approved anorectic Phendimetrazine. Diet pills containing Phendimetrazine are sold under the brand name Bontril in the USA.
If you want to buy diet pills containing anorectic agents – Phentermine, Mazindol, Phendimetrazine or Diethylpropion, find out from your doctor under what brand names they are sold in your country. Information about popular brand names of diet pills in different countries you can find in our reviews.