Along with the growth of obesity level, the number of reported chronic diseases directly related to obesity increases. The most common diseases diagnosed in obese people are type II diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, osteoarthritis, depression, sleep apnea, infertility, asthma, gallstones, breast cancer, and colon cancer.
Given the fact that obesity is usually accompanied with other diseases, obese people have to spend money on other drugs besides slimming drugs. According to statistics, every year, obese people spend money on prescription drugs by 3-5 times more than people with normal body mass index.
To reduce the costs of maintaining good health, it is recommended to use generic versions of prescription drugs to treat obesity and its related diseases. Top 5 of prescription drugs that are most commonly prescribed to obese people are as follows:
• Adipex (anti-obesity drug)
• Actos (hypoglycemic drug)
• Seroquel (antipsychotic drug)
• Singulair (anti-asthmatic drug)
• Lipitor (cholesterol-lowering drug)
Not all obese Americans know that these drugs have cheaper biopharmaceutical analogs with the identical therapeutic properties.
• Adipex weight loss tablets and capsules (by Teva) contain 37.5mg of anorexigenic agent, Phentermine. The U.S. suppliers of cheap generic versions of Adipex are more than 10 pharmaceutical companies, such as InvaGen Pharms, KVK Tech and Lannett. You can buy Adipex generic under the proprietary name Phentermine Hydrochloride.
• Antidiabetic tablets, Actos (by Takeda) contain 15, 30 and 45 mg of hypoglycemic agent, Pioglitazone. The U.S. suppliers of cheap generic versions of Actos are about 15 pharmaceutical companies including Sandoz, Mylan and Teva. You can buy cheap Actos generic in the USA under the proprietary name Pioglitazone Hydrochloride.
• Tablets containing 25, 50, 100, 200, 300, and 400 mg of antipsychotic agent, Quetiapine are sold under the trade name Seroquel (by Astrazeneca). The US trade license for cheap generic versions of Seroquel antidepressant has been granted to more than 10 pharmaceutical companies, such as Sandoz, Teva, Roxane. At the U.S. pharmacies, cheap Seroquel generic drugs are sold under the proprietary name Quetiapine Fumarate.
• Singulair (by Merck) is the most popular brand of tablets containing 4, 5 and 10 mg of leukotriene receptor antagonist, Montelukast. The FDA approved more than 10 generic versions of Singulair that are sold under the proprietary name Montelukast Sodium. The suppliers of cheap Singulair generic drugs in the USA are Teva, Torrent, Apotex and many other pharmaceutical companies.
• Lipitor oral tablets (by Pfizer) contain 10, 20 and 40mg of hypoglycemic agent, Atorvastatin. In 2014, only six generic versions of Lipitor are available in the USA; each of them is sold under the proprietary name Atorvastatin Calcium. The suppliers of cheap Atorvastatin generic drugs at the U.S. market are Mylan, Ranbaxy, Sandoz and some other pharmaceutical companies.
It should be noted that one of the largest supplier of generic drugs at the U.S. market is Teva company. More than 1.5 million of prescriptions for drugs by Teva are written out to Americans every day.
Many of these prescriptions are written out for Adipex anti-obesity drug and drugs used to treat obesity-related diseases (including generic versions of Actos, Seroquel, Singulair drugs).
If you have excess body weight and you have never tried to fight obesity, you should know that because of significant increase in body weight:
• The risk of asthma increases by three times
• The risk of developing osteoarthritis increases by five times
• The risk of depression increases by three times
• The risk of coronary heart disease increases by 20-40%
Due to timely initiation of obesity treatment, you will manage not only to prevent the development of dangerous diseases, but also significantly to reduce health care costs in the medium and long term.